Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Challenge : Thinning Possibilities

I'm basically creating this blog to help hold me accountable in my personal challenge and maybe it will help others too. I plan on losing weight...ALOT of weight....and I am doing Atkins to help me achieve my weight-loss goals. Not only do I desire to be thin, but I desire to be healthy as well. I want to be an active participant in my son's adventures...more than just a side-line cheerer. Today is day one of the Induction Phase.

Stats
weight: 279.5 lbs
height:5'9.5"
bmi: 41.34
chest (bra line): 45.5"
bust: 49.5"
neck: 15"
waist (we think...4 in above belly button): 45.5"
hips (this includes biggest part of butt and around to include bottom of stomach): 54.5"
upper arms(measured 6 in from elbow): R: 15.5" L : 15.5"
thighs (measured 9 in from knee): R: 27" L: 26"
calf (measured 12.5 in from bottom of heel): R: 17.25" L: 17.5"

My weight loss goal: Currently I weigh 279.5 pounds...that is only 5.5 pounds lighter than my heaviest weight. I will lose 129.5 pounds for a target weight of 150 pounds. Will I stop here? I will see when I reach this level. According to standards I should weigh 135 pounds, but right now 150 seems like a healthy target.




What did I eat today?

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup green bell pepper, 2 T onion, 1 mushroom, all fried up in butter. Total Net Carbs: 6.6 grams

Snack: 1 hard boiled egg. Total Net Carbs: .6 grams

Lunch: 5oz tuna, 2 hard boiled eggs,1/2 oz cream cheese, all mixed with 2T oil & vinegar dressing. Two stalks of celery to eat with this yummy mxture. Total Net Carbs: 4.2 grams

Snack: 1 Atkins Advantage Caramel Fudge Brownie Bar. Total Net Carbs: 3 grams

Dinner: 1 hamburger patty with 1 slice of bacon and cheddar cheese. 4 more pieces of bacon. Total Net Carbs: .2 grams

Dessert: 1 Atkins Advantage Caramel Fudge Brownie Bar. Total Net Carbs: 3 grams

Beverages: 32 oz water, 8 oz decaf green tea. Total Net Carbs: 0 grams

Daily Total Net Carbs: 17.6 grams
*I will adjust my carb intake tomorrow to be closer to the 20 gram limit.

Supplements: 1 multivitamin & 2 fish oil gelcaps


Observations

I was amazed how long breakfast stayed with me today. I had breakfast around 7am and didnt need a snack until around 11. I then was good till around 12:30-1:00 when I had lunch. The rest of the day was a bit of a challenge. I then started stressing about my carb intake ( I originally calculated breakfast and my snack as whole carbs and not net carbs). I felt a warm tingling sensation at various moments throughout the day...didn't think this was going to happen right away. Unfortunately I also started getting a headache not long after lunch...now its developed into a migraine. (i am writing this at 9:00pm) I think this is due to the carb/sugar withdrawals...I have been wanting pastrys and soda sooo badly today. I didnt exercise today because I wanted to give my body time to adjust to the lower carb and sugar intake than what it is use to.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! You can do it!! We are about the same height and the lowest I have ever been is 160. I noticed you are counting carbs. If that works then great! I haven't done it that way. What works for me is counting calories. My friends have lost a lot of weight off of the weight watchers plan too. Anyways, You seem to have a great plan and goal. I'm here for ya!!!

    ReplyDelete