Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Little History


Ok, so a little history on my weight journey. My weight has steadily increased since I was young. I remember gaining quite a bit of weight between 3rd and 4th grade...and in high school I don't remember being below a size 16. By the time I started my second year in college I was at least a size 20...which I got back down to a 16 near the end of the year. After my third year I really started putting on the weight. By the time I got pregnant I weighed around 250 lbs....when my son was born I weighed 275...I wanted to cry I weighed so much...but it quickly came off because I was walking the halls at the hospital and didn't really have much to eat...I lost 20 pounds in 10 days (the amount of time my son was in the NICU....and yes, I do realize some of that was baby weight). But the victory was short-lived....soon I was back to 275, and while I struggled to get that weight down, I ended up gaining another 10 pounds....I have yo-yo'd those 10 pounds for 4 years now. I'm always tired, I have headaches almost every day...many times they're migraines...I'm hypoglycemic, I'm constantly getting sick, and I haven't had a period since Feb 2009. I'm ready for a change! I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time! Just to show you how difficult it is for me to lose weight: I had a job for two and a half years...every day I was constantly walking...many nights (and later days) I walked up to 8 miles during my shift. It's time to take the bull by his horns and become the woman I am meant to be!

What did I eat today?

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled, 3 pieces of bacon. Total Net Carbs: 1.9 grams

Lunch: 1 Avocado on 1 green lettuce leaf with 1 Muffin in a Minute*. Total Net Carbs: 10 grams

Snack: 1 Atkins Advantage Caramel Fudge Brownie Bar. Total Net Carbs: 3 grams

Dinner: 1.5 Country Fried Steak* with olive oil and vinegar dressing and dijon mustard. Total Net Carbs: 4.2 grams

Beverages: 48 oz water. Total Net Carbs: 0 grams

Daily Total Net Carbs: 19.1 grams

Supplements: 1 multivitamin & 2 fish oil gelcaps.

Observations

I woke with a headache this morning...probably continued from yesterday's migraine...didn't subside till shortly after lunch and then started again a little before dinner and has stayed with me since ( I am currently writing this at 9:30pm). Maybe the headache went away due to the higher carbs I had for lunch? Or maybe it hurts now because my back hurts too. I don't know. Again, the sugar cravings were hard to avoid...I wanted chocolate and soda badly today. Also, I didn't exercise today...mainly because of how tired I was today...i was exhausted all day.

* Please see recipes page


No comments:

Post a Comment