Thursday, February 11, 2010

Inspirations

Today I woke up and got my son off to school and then went back to bed. I stayed there till 12:30 in the afternoon! That's 14 hours after I went to bed...I said I was tired yesterday! lol! Anyway, I titled this entry inspirations because when I got up this afternoon I soooo wanted to cheat. Several times this afternoon the opportunity to cheat was overwhelming. When I came home I was ready to throw in the towel. It's only been 3 days and I wanted to give up just because I wanted a cherry cream cheese danish and a soda! But before I did, I happened to get online and check my facebook account. What I found gave me the inspiration to not give up. My friends and family had shown a lot of support and were rooting me on. Not only did I receive postings on my wall, but I also received instant messages about it...not to mention a comment here on my blog. I know I'm on the right track and I love all my friends and family and feel truly blessed that they are there to support me. Thank you!!!!

What did I eat today?

Upon rising: 1 stalk of celery with cream cheese. Total Net Carbs: 1.8

Snack: 1 Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Peant Nougat Bar. Total Net Carbs: 3

Lunch (approx 2:30pm): 1 cup lettuce with 5 oz tuna, cheddar cheese, and olive oil and vinegar dressing. Total Net Carbs: 2.4

Dinner: 2 Bacon Burgers (total of 3 pieces of bacon) with Dijon Mustard and 2 lettuce leaves (1for each burger). Total Net Carbs: 1.1

Dessert: 1Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar. Total Net Carbs: 3

Later: 2 cups (measured raw) Cauliflower steamed, mashed and mixed with garlic salt, pepper, and butter. Total Net Carbs: 1.8

Beverages: 80 oz water. Total Net Carbs: 0

Daily Total Net Carbs: 13.1

Supplements: 1 multivitamin & 2 fish oil gel caps

Observations

I was tired today, slept till 12:30. Slight headache, but not out of the ordinary for me. I have had gas the last two days...more than normal. I'm not sure that this is a normal thing for Atkins or not. Sugar cravings!!!! lots of sugar cravings!!! I did have that warm tingling feeling again today to. Oh and I think I reached ketosis because my urine really smells bad and I have smelled a sickly sweet smell off and on today as well. I know that is tmi...but I want to share actual observations of whats happening on my journey. One other thing I want to point out....normally going from dinner time till after noon without eating would have put me in a hypoglycemic attack....a full one where I would have felt dizzy/light headed and possibly dry heaving... today I just had a slight one where I felt hungry and a little shaky. BIG difference!

1 comment:

  1. The gas, my friend, is a result of veggies galore!! LOL Trust me... my husband and I fart all the time, to the point of competition, when we eat veggies because they produce so much gas in your system. Sorry if anyone didn't want to see that, but it's true! Ha! Anyway, the real gas-causing culprits are broccoli, lettuce, cauliflauer... the list goes on! If it's a veggie, you can count on farting. And since you're eating them... I'll say no more! You get the picture. he he he

    Happy passing! LOL And great job! Keep up the great work! You're already seeing results on the scale (just don't get too caught up in weighing yourself more than once a week...), and it seems as though you're feeling different too. You'll be amazed at how much more energy you'll have soon. Right now your body is detoxing all the sugar/carbs/crap out of your system. :)

    We're rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete