Friday, February 19, 2010

Itching

I know I haven't been posting lately, but I want you all to know that I have been doing good and haven't cheated. I have been very careful about my carb intake and keeping it below 20 grams. However, I do want to share something with you (since I said I would be honest and share my observations). Over the past few days I have developed an intense itching. It started on my scalp. My head itched soooo bad, I was constantly asking my mom to check my head because I feared I had gotten lice somehow. But every time she checked it, she said all she saw was dandruff. I think I even made her check it twice in one day! Since then I have developed the itch ALL OVER my body. No rash, just itch. It is driving me CRAZY! I decided to do some research on the matter. Apparently, this is a side effect of a low carb diet. What I am experiencing is one of two things...or both...1. it is the release of toxins that are stored in my body causing the itch or 2. it is a candida yeast die out happening in my body. In many cases the itch is accompanied by a rash. Either way I need to drink as much water as I possibly can each day to help in the flushing of the toxins and/or yeast build up.

No comments:

Post a Comment